As the coronavirus spreads through Memphis nursing homes, it’s taking a huge toll: 51 deaths so far. But an analysis by the Institute for Public Service Reporting found some facilities have been particularly hard hit – for-profit operations with histories of keeping thin nursing staffs.
- Coalition aims to break cycle of poverty with sweeping $1.4 billion ‘More for Memphis’ initiative
- Critics Howl As State Declines to Decertify “Taserface” Patrolman
- Fighting Decertification in Tenn., Ex-MPD Officer Faces New Claim in Miss.
- Questions Mount About Enforcement of Reform Ordinances
- TVA Pays Reporters Committee $14K After Losing FOIA Suit