As the coronavirus spreads through Memphis nursing homes, it’s taking a huge toll: 51 deaths so far. But an analysis by the Institute for Public Service Reporting found some facilities have been particularly hard hit – for-profit operations with histories of keeping thin nursing staffs.
- Domestic Abuse Keeps Some Immigrants “in the Shadows”
- IPSR Intern Caleb Suggs Wins Second National Award
- Surrounded by history, teachers pledge to ‘teach truth’ about racism
- Did new Tennessee law negate critical race theory or prove it?
- Reform Needed to Make Bodycam Footage More Accessible, Critics Say
You May Also Like
Criminal Justice and Policing
Millions spent on bodycams to build public trust, yet transparency is lacking
On May 4, the second-to-last day of this year’s Tennessee General Assembly, legislators paused to pay their respects to the late state Sen. Thelma...
“Fellow citizens, we cannot escape history.” – Abraham Lincoln Teachers at Grizzlies Prep know the complicated racial history of their school and the Downtown block...